Over the years I've discovered some great sites that offer free downloads of fantastic vintage clip art and public domain images. These sites offer really unique free downloads that can be used in a range of ways. Certainly read over the guidelines on each site, but for the most part you are welcome to use these images for blogs, emails, websites and more. Below is a list of my top five resources with links to each site.
Since Halloween is just around the corner, I have curated a group of frightful and fun images from each site that you can download and use. You will also find a group of banners I've designed using art and images from these sites. Simply control click and download to your desktop to use in blogs, newsletters or social media posts. Please visit and support the sites listed below.
1. Public Domain Archive – You can find some excellent vintage and modern images on Public Domain Archive. Personally I love their vintage collections, you get a true look into the past through the photographers lens.
2. Grandma's Graphics – This site is a treasure for unique vintage clip art ranging from storybook art to illustrations and border graphics. The real life "grandma" is Bonnie Nilsen and her labor of love is greatly appreciated.
3. The Graphics Fairy – One of the best known and special online sources of diverse antique and vintage images. I love Karen's collection of vintage florals and fruit.
4. PJH Designs – Peggy Hale has some great free downloads to keep an eye on at PJH Designs. She offers new images on Wednesdays. You can find one of a kind treasures like the clown image I included below.
5. Creative Market – Creative Market is a well known resource to purchase fonts and graphics, but they also offer free vector downloads that you can incorporate in your designs and marketing materials. I downloaded the Skulls & Bones Illustration Set by Graphic Goods for the skeleton and skull images below.
Enjoy and Happy Halloween! Thanks for visiting Creative Partner Consulting. Check back often for more links, ideas and access to my own royalty free photography.